Everyone knows that Life Insurance pays your loved ones when you pass away – and that’s a great thing. But, modern life insurance can actually do even more for you while you are still alive! Good financial planners know how powerful life insurance is as a wealth-building and wealth transfer vehicle.
I didn’t know Life Insurance could do THAT…!
Both Growth AND Safety for your money
No longer do you have to choose ONLY growth (by putting your money at risk in investments) OR safety (and seeing almost no growth at the bank). Now there is actually the option to grow your money with the market while also having a guarantee of no loss! How can you beat that?
Long Term Care Rider
This makes a life insurance policy multi-purpose. If you don’t need LTC, your beneficiaries receive the death benefit. If you DO need LTC, you can use that benefit amount while you’re alive.
The death benefit is tax-free, the cash growth is tax-free and you can use your accumulated cash value tax-free! This is a vehicle wealthy people use to protect their money and minimize their taxes.
OK, so for my situation…
Everything we mention above is referring to a particular kind of permanent life insurance.
If you currently have Term coverage:
- Your coverage has an expiration date. Wouldn’t you rather be protected for life?
- If you have Term insurance because of your budget, then we should do a quick review. The carriers we have access to have some of the most innovative and affordable products in the industry. You may be able to save 30% even if you’ve had your current policy for a few years already.
If you currently have Whole Life:
- You’re almost certainly paying much more than you need to. Whole life was created in the 1950s and is typically the most expensive style of life insurance.
- Recent innovations with other types of permanent coverage give you a much more powerful product (see the list above) while being more cost-effective.
If you currently don’t have any coverage:
- You need to protect your loved ones in the case that you can’t provide for them any more.
- Don’t rely on coverage from work. When you stop working for your company, you lose coverage.